The tropical-storms mailing list has been operating since the early 1990′s. It has has a few homes over these 30+ years.
- It was originally hosted at the Atmospheric Science Department's Tropical Project at Colorado State University using very simple list management software.
- In November of 2001 tropical-storms got it's own domain, tstorms.org, and found a new home at Metlogic, LLC.. This new home provided much greater list management via the mailinglist software Mailman.
- Ten years later, in February of 2011, the list moved to the Regional and Mesoscale Meteorology Branch (RAMMB) of NOAA/NESDIS at the Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (CIRA).
- In 2018 it moved to WeatherFlow-Tempest in Fort Collins.
- In 2023 the lists and server were moved into the cloud.